| Code Geass:|
Tales of an Alternate Shogunate
Cover of Kadokawa Comics Ace, feauturing Code Geass: Tales of an Alternate Shogunate
| 幕末異聞録 コードギアス 反逆のルルーシュ|
(Bakumatsu Ibun Roku, Kōdo Giasu: Hangyaku no Rurūshu)
|Serialized in||Kerokero Ace|
Code Geass: Tales of an Alternate Shogunate (幕末異聞録 コードギアス 反逆のルルーシュ Bakumatsu Ibun Roku, Kōdo Giasu: Hangyaku no Rurūshu, lit. Bakumatsu Strange Tales, Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion) is a series serialized in the magazine Kerokero Ace starting from volume 7 (July 2008 issue), that is part of the Code Geass series. A special is also serialized in Kadokawa Comics Ace (ISBN 9784047151208).
The series is drawn by former dōjinshi Gun Zi (銃爺) and its scenario is by Yūjirō Muramatsu (村松 由二郎 Muramatsu Yuujirou).
The series is set in an alternate 1853, in the bakumatsu period, the end of the Tokugawa shogunate, in Kyoto.
Differences from Original WorkEdit
There are noticeable differences from the original works, most notably the change of names:
- Knightmare (騎士銘亜 Kishi-meia) - Knightmare Frames: kishi (騎士) means knight, and "meia" is from Chinese transliteration)
- 琉々朱・爛縁侍 (Rurushu Ranperiji) - Lelouch Lamperouge
- 零 - Zero
- 那奈離 (Nanari) - Nunnally
- Black Revolutionaries (黒の維新団 Kuro no Ishin Dan) - Black Knights
- Matthiew Perry (ペリー) - Perry is an envoy of the Holy Empire of Britannia (神聖ブリタニア帝国 Shinsei Buritania Teikoku). In the bakumatsu year 1853, he seeks to open Japan with the power of Geass. Perry's geass holds the power of absolute obedience (which Lelouch has in the anime). (Note that the United States of America was also in the Holy Empire of Britannia in the anime)
- Lelouch (ルルーシュ) - Lelouch's geass holds the power of summoning armored Knightmares.
- Rei (零)
- Nunnally (那奈離 Nanari)
- ↑ Kerokero Ace Magazine to Run Fourth Code Geass Manga, Anime News Network. April 29, 2008
- 幕末異聞録 コードギアス 反逆のルルーシュ at Wikipedia (Japanese)