|First appearance|| |
|Voiced by|| Takeshi Kusao (Japanese)|
J. Michael Tatum (Funimation)
David Lee Mickinney (Animax)
Alberto Escobal García (Spain)
Pasu Leung (Hong Kong)
|Species / Type||Keronian|
|Occupation|| Keron Army Soldier (Former)|
Dororo (ドロロ), formerly known as Zeroro (ゼロロ), is a main character in the anime and manga series Keroro Gunso. He is of the rank Lance Corporal (兵長 Heichō)[RANKS] and he is a part of the Keroro Platoon. Although he used to be one of the best assassins in the Keron Army, he went native upon arrival on Pekopon and chose to become a ninja and protector of the planet.
Dororo spends most of his time training, meditating, reading, doing nature-related works, or spying on the actions of his Platoon and others. Dororo is often forgotten by the rest of Keroro Platoon, causing his 'trauma switch' to turn on (his biggest fear [see Episode 123]). This usually leads to him sitting in a corner to cry, quietly reeling off many bad experiences to himself. This only occurs in the anime.
There are two people that do not regularly forget about Dororo: Koyuki, one of his best friends, and (ironically) Zoruru, the psychopathic maniac who has fixated on Dororo and vowed to kill him.
Dororo will not participate in plans that are potentially harmful to people's feelings or nature. He is extremely stubborn about it, as he desires to bring peace to Pekopon.
Dororo is a very kind and respectful person.
Dororo is a light blue Keronian. Throughout his childhood, he wore a medical mask, possibly due to a weakened immune system. Before, he wore a white, military uniform-style hat like the other Keronians; after becoming a ninja he began wearing a white cap with shrouds in place of flaps.
His symbol is a red, four pronged shuriken. When he was an assassin, he wore a gas mask. As a ninja, Dororo dons a ninja mask and sheath for his Katana strapped to his back. Dororo's afro is light pink. Dororo is 55.5 centimeters tall (2'8 feet).
For more information see Chibi Dororo/Zeroro
As a child, Zeroro's hobby was gardening, which he carried into adulthood.
Young Zeroro was a demure, weak, and clingy child who seemed almost incapable of an independent thought, as he always leeched off of Keroro and Giroro. He did not like to do things that got him in trouble but he did them anyway, as he was not yet stubborn and possessing strict morals like he has later.
Dororo was a member of a large, wealthy family. He was friends with Keroro and Giroro, and, later on, Pururu. He was often exploited by the group, mainly Keroro. Throughout their friendship, Keroro has used Dororo for his own personal gain and been consistently insensitive to Dororo's feelings. Despite this, they have remained being close friends.
Zeroro graduated from the Keron Military Academy under the rank of lance corporal. He worked as a part of Jirara's assassin corp for a while, before he was dishonorably discharged for, basically, being a wuss. Jirara stated that he was unable to perform his tasks and was not fit for being an assassin.
When the platoon landed on Pekopon and were scattered, he somehow managed to get himself caught in a bear trap. He promptly accepted his inevitable, lonely death until he was saved and adopted by the kunoichi Koyuki Azumaya, who trained him the way of the ninja. In the anime, Zeroyasha, Koyuki's friend dog, found him in the trap.
Zeroro renamed himself Dororo after the forest he was rescued in, and rejoined the Keroro Platoon. His respect for Koyuki saving his life changed his mindset about invading and instead made him feel as if Pekopon should be respected as any other planet.
- Keroro, Giroro and Pururu - As a child, Zeroro, Keroro, and Giroro were friends. Their friendship brought them to be blood brothers (as stated by Keroro). Out of the two, Giroro was the nicest to him. Keroro took advantage of Zeroro. When he was younger, Zeroro admired Keroro when he was hardworking (according to the manga) but is disappointed at how lazy he is now. As adults, they keep their friendship in regard, but Dororo gets upset when the platoon forgets about him.
- Koyuki Azumaya - When Zeroro arrived on Pekopon, he got caught in a bear trap, and was awaiting his lonely death. He was saved by Koyuki (as well as Zeroyasha in the anime) and was taught Ninja arts by her. The two bonded during these teachings and Koyuki became Zeroro's partner. They stuck together during banishment (Zeroro at the time had changed his name to Dororo), and currently live together in a small house in the woods near the Nishizawa Tower. Dororo and Koyuki hold a platonic father-daughter relationship.
- Kururu - No evidence for an actual friendship, Dororo and Kururu appear to simply be workplace proximity associates. Besides Kururu's mostly being instructed by Keroro to make a variety of different technology to help with Dororo's frequent "Trauma Switches", not much can be mentioned (ep. 238B and 351A, for example).
- Tamama - Tamama admires Dororo's strength and wisdom, and they hold a rolemodel-type relationship.
Dororo uses the archaic sentence-final particle "de gozaru", a form of 'desu'. Dororo refers to himself as sessha, is an archaic male form of "I", primarily used by samurai.
In general, Dororo uses 'humble' Japanese speech. Generally, one would only use this humble form when addressing superiors. Dororo takes this to the extreme and uses humble forms of speech in almost every sentence, regardless of who he is talking to.
|Name||What they call Dororo||What Dororo calls them|
|Keroro||Dororo -heichou, Dororo-kun, Dorodango-kun, Doronuma-kun, Torankusu (Trunks)-kun, Dororo-Sama, Dororo ninja-kun, Dorobune-kun, Zeroro (-kun) (Keroro's trauma mode), Dorodie, Doropie, Dododo-kun (ep. 178) Dorotanno ninja What's-his-face (English dub), Door (English dub)||Captain-dono (隊長殿 Taichou-dono), Keroro-kun|
|Giroro||Dororo, (formerly) Zeroro||Giroro-dono, Giroro-kun|
|Tamama||Dororo-senpai, -heichou, Dorobune-kun||Tamama-dono, Tamama-kun|
|Kururu||Dororo-senpai, -heichou||Kururu (-dono)|
|Fuyuki Hinata||Dororo||Fuyuki-dono, -shi (氏)|
|Koyuki Azumaya||Dororo, D (Funimation Dub)||Koyuki-dono|
|Momoka Nishizawa||Dororo-san, Tama-chan's friend (タマちゃんのお友達)||Momoka-dono|
|Zoruru||Zeroro, Dororo||Zoruru, Dasasa-kun|
|Pururu||Zeroro-kun, Dororo-kun||Pururu-dono, -chan|
|Keroro's Mother||Zeroro-Kun||Keroro's Mom|
Introduced in chapter 125, volume 15 of the manga, appeared in chapter 140, the 5th movie and episode 336. Demonic Art encases Dororo in armor and equips him with a long sword as opposed to his traditional short sword. In this form, Dororo can create multiple doppelgangers.
Whenever Dororo needs to communicate with the rest of the platoon, he uses a shuriken made of paper that always seems to embed itself into Keroro's head. Dororo usually does not need to be nearby to perform this.
Dororo Ninja ArtEdit
Dororo's trademark ability. He can manipulate his energy to his advantage.
Zeroro's assassin abilities. He can form battle strategies with the Eyes Of Truth.
- Dororo holds other abilities beyond Dororo Ninja Art and Assassin Magic. His shinobi form contains a technique named Dohotaru: Soraruta, in which he is as the user of the Keroro Shōtai Dokushitei Chō Hisotsudan, in which an energy ball is passed on by the group until it is launched by Dororo.
- Dohotaru: Soraruta
- Keroro Platoon Deathblow
- Ninja Art: Nine-Star Shuriken
- Zeroro seems to be super strong. In episode 119, he is able to lift a sack filled with household items including a bookshelf, a television, and a refrigerator with almost no trouble. However, this is likely just 'cartoon logic'.
- He may have become an assassin because Keroro said, "You are going to be an assassin for sure!".
- It stated when Dororo was younger, he was frail sickly child, thus masked at birth.
- He took off his mask in episode 318a, though no one saw what was under it.
Click here to view the gallery.