|First appearance|| |
|Voiced by|| Jōji Nakata (Japanese)|
Christopher Sabat (Funimation)
Scott Evans (Animax)
Victor Prieto (Spain)
Clement Poon (Hong Kong)
Checkmate King 2
Red Daruma Doll
|Age|| 25-45 (Estimation, Human age)
10500 (Actual age)
|Species / Type||Keronian|
|Occupation||Keron Army soldier (Corporal)|
Character and AppearanceEdit
Giroro is the single unit mobile infantry of the Keroro Platoon. He has proven to be very strong and resilient, and has been training to be a soldier nearly his entire life.
He is a red adult Keronian with a scar on the left side of his face. He has slanted, large eyes and wears a maroon hat of the same style as most Keronians. His symbol is a small yellow skull. In lieu of a belly symbol, he diagonally straps across his body a belt with a rectangular buckle. It is revealed that it contains a picture of Natsumi Hinata. In the anime, it shows that he had a photo of him with Garuru and his father before arriving on Earth. Without the belt, he loses most of his abilities and is utterly inept as a soldier. However, as a young Keronian, he carried his skull symbol on his hat and belly and was not afflicted with the scar across his face.
Giroro refuses to live in the base, preferring to take up residency in a small tent in the backyard.
He has shown a deep love for trains, and a strong fear of sea cucumbers and ghosts. Along with the other members of the Keroro Platoon, Giroro is afraid of the Butt Firecracker (ケツ爆竹).
In the past, he was a typical Keronian who trained with Keroro and Zeroro so one day he could be just like his idolized brother. However, it seems that he may have taken his training more seriously than his friends in an effort to live up to his families expectations of him.
Giroro has a very short temper, and is angered easily by incompetence and acts that he deems unfit for soldiers. Keroro happens to be both incompetent and doesn't play the part of a soldier, so he clashes with Giroro a lot, and the two can often be seen fighting.
When Giroro first arrived on Pekopon, he was much more aggressive than he is later in the series, and he frequently used physical force to whip Keroro and the others into shape. He also acted very insubordinate, and left the platoon for a time and tried to take over the planet by himself.
Though he can be aggressive and gets angry easily, he is not a mean person, and he mostly tries to do what he thinks is right and what is best for everyone.
For more information see Chibi Giroro
Giroro was a typical child who idolized his older brother and was very proud of him. It was Giroro rather than Keroro who would often have to save the weak and sickly Zeroro from near fatal disasters.
After his military training, he entered a war along with Keroro and Zeroro as part of the original Keroro Platoon.
Life with the Hinata family Edit
Giroro, upon arrival on Pekopon, first gathered information on the Hinata family before finding Keroro and entering the home by exploding through the TV.
He set traps all over the house, but was easily defeated by Natsumi who evaded every single one without a scratch. Giroro, impressed by Natsumi's battle skills, spares the Hinata family and ends up living in a tent in their backyard.
A while afterwards, he rescues a white cat from the rain, and she still stays with him.
Costumes and Transformations Edit
- During episode 65, Keroro gives the Keroro Platoon an order to find the wanted criminal #303. Giroro dresses up as a man in a dark grey suit with a black tie and carries a small brown suitcase.
- Multiple personalities
- Werewolf costume
- During episode 133, Giroro wears a werewolf costume to a Halloween party. In this outfit, his cap has two round points on it, somewhat like what Keronian girls usually were as hats but his "ears" are split at the ends.
- Human Giroro
- During episode 196, Giroro decides to use the "We're All Living Together gun" dropped by Kururu to turn himself human in order to go to the ball with Natsumi. Giroro's human form appears to be tall, well-built with blonde hair. However, his exact facial features remains to be hidden but is described as handsome according to Natsumi.
- Red Goblin Giroro
- Episode 43-B, after being the test subject for Kururu's goblin gun, Giroro is attired in a traditional, Setsubun goblin outfit.
- Red Fairy Giroro
- In episode 278-B, Giroro dons a fairy costume as an explanation for his appearance toward Yayoi.
- Liquid Giroro
- Giroro is transformed into a liquid state by Giruru.
- Ox Giroro
- In episode 337-B, Giroro is transformed into a large, monstrous minotaur-like creature for the Platoon's invasion plan.
- Juliet Giroro
- Episode 184-B, in a turn of events, Giroro lands the role of Juliet in Natsumi's school play, with Natsumi taking on the part of Romeo.
- Grenade Giroro
- In episode 185-A, Giroro is transformed into a bomb by Robobo.
- Puppy Giroro
- In Episode 194-B, Giroro is transformed into a puppy courtesy of the "Reverse: We're All Living Together" gun and taken care of by Kururu. It's unclear whether the transformation and Kururu's knowledge of Giroro being the puppy were known/planned all along.
- Princess Giroro
- In the second movie, Giroro wears a classic Japanese Princess outfit as a part of Keroro's contest.
- Dragon Giroro
- In the fourth movie, Giroro is captured by Shion and is turned into a dragon. In this form he is a red dragon with large wings on his back. He has orange horns that are shorter than the others'. He also has a large cannon on one arm and missiles on the other.
- Ronin Giroro
- Giroro's costume in the Musha Keroro saga and Keroro RPG.
- Shelling King Giroro
- Giroro's pirate costume from Keroro Pirates and Keroro RPG, he bears similarity to Captain Jack Sparrow of the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise.
- Lady Costume
- In episode 78 (Season 3, Episode 23) ((English: Frogs of the Bermuda Triangle, Japanese: Treasure Hunting should be done on Treasure Island) in which the frogs go to the Bermuda Triangle to find a hidden treasure, Fuyuki and Jessica, the space cop when they open the cell door, find Giroro in a crossdresser women's outfit thought up by Keroro in order to seduce the Viper guards to let them out of their holding cell
Ever since Giroro was young, he wanted to be an excellent Keron army soldier, just like his father. Other then that, Giroro doesn't interact much with his father.
Giroro's older brother. Giroro looked up to him when he was a child, calling him Nii-Chan, short for onii-san (兄さん,お兄さん both literally meaning Big Brother). He has since dropped the honorific presumably out of respect for his brother's rank and due to their age (though he has slipped up once or twice). Giroro reveres Garuru and seems to feel an intense intimidation similar to fear towards him, despite Garuru not presenting a specific threat to him.
Keroro and Zeroro were childhood friends with Giroro. He was basically the normal kid of the group, sometimes getting dragged along on the group's misadventures. He developed a crush on Chibi Pururu, like the rest of the group, but has since grown out of it.
Since Natsumi defeated Giroro in combat, the two bonded and Natsumi became his partner and crush. It's been shown that it's possible that Natsumi has a slight crush on Giroro. The two seem to work well together and they share similar traits.
Giroro has a passionate crush on the young girl, and (especially towards the beginning of the series) he gets flustered when she speaks to him and appears on the verge of being unable to keep it in his pants when he's around her
Giroro gets very jealous when it comes to someone that Natsumi has affections for. His greatest rival is Saburo, since Natsumi loves him.
Giroro dislikes Kururu due to opposing ideas (Brain vs. Brawn) and does not interact with him a whole lot, though he does get flustered when Kululu teases him and the sergeant major seems to make Giroro uncomfortable.
Giroro took in Neko (Miss Furbottom in the Funimation dub) from the rain and also gave her food. Neko has since remained Giroro's pet and friend. Giroro states that Neko is always close to him, but he doesn't mind.
Giroro seems to be jealous of Natsumi's and Koyuki's relationship, and he views Koyuki as a threat to his chance (however nonexistent it may be) at being Natsumi's partner. Koyuki does not appear to share these feelings, however.
Giroro appears to like Fuyuki well enough, often trying to get him to exercise more and he usually helps Fuyuki with things.
|Name||What they call Giroro||What Giroro calls them|
|Keroro||Giroro (-gochou, -kun) / Aka (赤) / Aka Daruma / pot head (One)||Keroro|
|Tamama||Giroro-gochou / Giroro-senpai / Gochou-san / Red Daruma-san||Tamama|
|Aki Hinata||Kero-Chan's Friend (Formerly), Giro-Chan||Aki Hinata, Mama|
|Angol Mois||Giroro-san, Corporal-san||Mois|
|Pururu||Corporal Giroro, Giroro-kun||Pururu|
|Keroro's mother||Giroro-Kun||Keroro's Mom|
Giroro wields a large variety of weapons and is known as a renowned guerrilla combatant. He is well-known and has connections within the Keron Army thanks to his veteranship and his prowess and is actually the best sharpshooter of them all (literal 100% accuracy).
Much of the weapons he has been using resemble ones that are used by mobile suits of the Gundam franchise, especially the RX-78. He also has a few mechas under his disposal— both flying and large type. He can summon any weapon at any given time, which is part of Keron technology. His Giroro Guided Missiles are his trademark in the first movie.
- The color of Giroro's afro is blonde, which is the same color as his hair in his human form.
- Giroro usually goes along with Keroro's plans (that Giroro deems stupid and useless) because he has an undying hope that it's "different this time"
- In Episode 89, he had split into seven different characters all of them showing a different aspect in Giroro. Ironically, only one of them was exactly war hungry. The others were more akin to housewives.
- Giroro's first kiss was with Saburo in episode 265.
- He's had a hatred of cockroaches since childhood and know many weakness about them. In the anime they are called "Gs".
- Giroro knows how to do semaphore
- He might be the oldest out of the five platoon members due to that fact that he is called old the most
- Giroro is an excellent sweet potato farmer (episode 131) and cooker.
- As seen in episode 12a, aside from his belt, he does not have symbol on his stomach.
- Giroro is said to be 70 centimeters tall by 3M, meaning he is around 2.2 ft. This means he is taller then Keroro (who is 1.8 ft tall).
- In the manga Giroro is stated to be 55.5 cm (1.8 ft), making him the same height as Keroro and he weighs 5.555 kg (12.2 lbs).
- Giroro's skull symbol can sometimes change expressions, as seen in the anime.