|First appearance|| |
|Voiced by|| Takehito Koyasu (Japanese)|
Chuck Huber (Funimation)
|Species / Type||Keronian|
|Occupation||Keron Army soldier|
Kururu's name has been romanized as 'Kululu' in the English manga as of the eleventh volume. Furthermore, all of the books previous to this have been republished with the name replacement. (In the manga Kururu stated that Kululu is the side of him that tends to sell very poorly on Keron, being moved to tears or smiling during any events, though at the same time it is him.
Kururu's personality is complex. He appears to have a dark side, but at the same time he has shown that he cares about his friends. He is very intellegent and full of wisdom. His place on the platoon is stable, and it has been shown more than once that they can't do very well without him. Sometimes he can be a prankster and cruel. As shown in episode 28b of the anime, he has tortured everyone with his pranks. in episode 49a, he messed up Natsumi's laundery and ripped some pages out of Fuyuki's book.
Costumes and Transformations Edit
After turning himself into a baby using his age-altering gun which broke soon after, Kururu was seemingly stuck in this infantile state. This caused much trouble for everyone, the Hinatas take care of him while the platoon look for blueprints. However, when a very affectionate Angol Mois puts him up against the terrifying idea of being raised by someone as pure and innocent as her, he quickly fixed the gun, apparently retaining his genius even as a baby, and turned back to normal.
- Old Lady
Kururu disguises himself as a little old lady as a diversion for Fuyuki and Momoka's teacher. The teacher has to carry Kururu on his back.
- Pekopon suit
Keroro gives the Keroro Platoon an order to find the wanted criminal #303, Kururu dresses up as cop wearing a brown hat and matching trenchcoat.
Kururu dons this attire in order to attend a Halloween party in the 133rd episode of the anime.
- Dragon Kururu
During the fourth movie, Shion captured Kururu and turned him into a dragon. In this form, he is a yellow dragon with metallic blue wings. He loses the glasses in this form, revealing yellow green eyes. On his chest is a warped spiral symbol, and his headset has cords protruding from them, allowing him to utilize electrokinesis.
But as of episode 356-A "Keroro platoon, real Dragon Warriors" his eyes were shown to be a yellow green though the whole episode again, with the back side of his wings being yellow with his body.
- Aki Hinata
Kururu seems to have a fascination for Aki. No doubt its due to her stature and body. He has been caught watching her more then 7 times such as when he first came to the show. The platoon also tries to use her to make him "love struck" to distract him from his one day as leader in episode 311a. He also created a scale giant robot of her and says a lot of things referencing that he admires her.
Giroro despises Kururu due to opposing ideas (Brain vs. Brawn). Despite this, Kururu loves to use Giroro as a guinea pig for his experiments. He starts to pretend to have a crush on Giroro in order to further mess with him, yet in episode 265, after Giroro accidentally kisses Saburo, he secretly calls him an 'idiot' while he's spying on him, suggesting that he has a genuine interest in the red Corporal.
- Mutsumi Saburo
Saburo is Kururu's pekoponian partner on earth. He is the only one in the whole show who likes Kururu as a friend. They seem to have a lot in common. Like they're both smart and knows exactly what to do in a crisis. When he Kururu first came to earth, he gave Saburo a Reality Pen.
- Natsumi Hinata
Kururu has a healthy fear for Natsumi. He has been abused by her countless times in the past, and even states "Nacchi is scary!" However, he still continues to take pictures and video of her in the bath. He uses these to help out with the platoon's budget.
- Kururu has a habit of eating watermelon very quickly and loudly (Obviously to annoy everyone around him)
- Whenever he becomes dizzy the spirals on his glasses start to spin round and round (kuru kuru)
- Whenever something happens in the base that Keroro doesn't know the source of, the blame is immediately put on Kururu due to his mischevious nature
- Kururu's actual eye colour has not yet been seen or revealed
- Kururu has honestly cried very few times. He once cried in episode 313-b after seeing his mother and in episode 139-b when he was infected with the Lavie virus, but that last one really didn't count.
- Kururu is a natural prankster and loves to see people under states of discomfort or distress. In episode 170-a he told Keroro of the seventh wonder of the Kishou Academy, but deliberately left out that something horrible would happen to anyone that knew of it.
- His control console is a set of turntables and he has beenknown to DJ with them on occasion.
- In Volume 3: Chapter 22, page 16 one of his eyes are shown, sans glasses, but instead of an eye it resembles a kissyface emoticon, or a 3
- Kururu calls himself "Ore" or "Ore sama" in the anime, denoting that he places himself higher than the rest of the platoon. 'Ore' is an arrogant way to address oneself, and adding 'Sama' to the end of it makes it evenmore presumptuous.
- He canplay the recorder
- There have been a few occasions where his trademark "ku-ku-ku' laugh has been replaced with 'Shishishi'
- Kururu was seen to have a crush at Giroro in one episode, but it was soon revealed that he was doing it just to freak Giroro out
- Kururu sometimes says "Thank you" in English.
Kururu's name comes from the japanese word 'kurukuru' meaning "round and round." Explaining why his resonance goes "round and round" since he says "kurukuru"
Kururu has three major weaknesses.
His dislike for anyone pure of heart, meaning Angol Mois.
His extreme love for curry.
His obsession with Aki Hinata.
All of these things have been used against him at one time or another.